Air conditioners have a reputation of breakdowns in Karachi due to dirt and humidity which causes the air conditioner to get dirty and clogs very quickly compared to other cities. Air conditioner will cool down the room by removing heat and moisture. However, due to high humidity levels the air conditioner will work harder. Therefore, ac maintenance will ensure that the system performs efficiently
AC Maintenance plays a significant part if you want to ensure their life cycle is increased which will also help in reducing the bills.
Importance of an Air Filter:
Air filter has been one of the most overlooked parts in an air conditioner. A clogged filter will reduce the airflow of your air conditioner, decreasing its overall cooling performance and leading to high electricity consumption. Cleaning the air filters frequently can enhance the performance and extend the life of the air conditioner.
In addition, Energy costs can be easily reduced by up to 15% if the air filters are being maintained regularly. Furthermore, cleaning the air filter will ensure that the air is clean and healthier. Therefore, it is highly recommended to clean the air filters twice during cooling season. In Karachi, Air Filters need to be inspected on a regular basis due to humidity and dust.
Air Conditioner Condenser & Evaporator Coil:
In Karachi, Air Conditioner Coils can get clogged and dirty very quickly due to the humidity, moisture and salt air affects which can result in corroded coils and eventually consumers have to replace the leaked coils. This can be easily avoided if a regular maintenance is scheduled. Furthermore, cleaning the inner and outer condenser coils will ensure the heat transfer is not affected and the system is performing at an optimum level.
Negative Impact on Energy Efficiency of an Air Conditioner:
It’s extremely important to get your air conditioners serviced regularly in order to ensure that they are operating at their maximum efficiency. Clogged/Dirty Filter and coils will result in poor efficiency which will also lead to high electricity bills. Therefore, it is very important to service your air conditioners twice annually which will ensure the life cycle of the air conditioner. Furthermore, Schedule/Regular maintenance will also help in lowering the electricity consumption by up to 20%
Hiring a Certified Professional
It’s very important to get your air conditioners inspected by a professional. A professional technician will be able to diagnose the problem and resolve the issues with the air conditioner.
Our Maintenance Inspection Checklist for AC Overhauling Services Include:
- Take out the air filter.
- Check the drain pan and host are clean.
- Check there is no barrier for the condensing water flow out.
- Clean the dirt of fins of evaporator.
- Clean any barrier of indoor air flow electric parts.
- Check the running ampere and voltage of indoor fan motor is normal.
- Check the electrical connection is fixed or loose.
- To check the noise level.
- Clean the dirt of fins of condenser.
- Remove any barrier which inhibits the air flow of outdoor fan motor.
- Check the compressor running noise level and vibration.
- Check the load ampere and voltage of compressor is normal.
- Check the electrical connection of compressor is fixed or loose.
- Check the controller in normal working condition.
- Check refrigerant charge and inspect for leaks.
- Check operation of fan and blower motor.
- Lubricates motors, bearings and other moving parts.
- Check operation of thermostat and other controls.
- Inspect heat exchanger.
- Check oil level of compressor.
- Check for frayed wiring insulation, corroded terminals and tightness of spades.
- Clean the surface of each fan blade & apply lubricant as necessary.
- Check all pressure controls, safety controls, operation of the room temperature thermostat, and liquid line solenoid valve closes completely.
- Protect outdoor units from the elements & external intrusions.
If you are interested in air conditioning maintenance and operations requirements for Karachi, You may contact us at 021-34925353-5 or by filling the form below: